I can’t think of a better recipe to start the month of summer holidays: August.
Açaí is very popular nowadays. It’s even considered to be a superfood.
However, contrary to popular belief, you have to mix it with a sweeter fruit to be able to enjoy it. Otherwise it can be quite bitter.
In this recipe I’m only using açaí pulp, frozen bananas and non-dairy milk.
Ingredients for one bowl:
- 1 pack of açaí pulp (around 100g frozen)
- 250g frozen bananas
- 100-200ml non-dairy milk (coconut, rice, almond…)
- If you are doing this for breakfast, defrost the package as soon as you wake up. You’ll thank me later.
- After 20-30 minutes, put açaí pulp, frozen bananas and at least 100ml of milk in a blender.
- The amount of milk depends on your preference. If you’d like a thicker porridge, you can even try to blend the açaí and bananas without the milk. However, it will be a hard task for your blender.
- Blend well and once it’s smooth and creamy, serve it in a bowl and top with lot’s of fresh fruit, coconut and seeds.