Hey friends! This is week I’ve asked on Instagram if you’d like to see a dessert that was “fit” or a breakfast recipe. The choice was obvious: dessert. So I gathered all my imagination fairies and worked on a low sugar, gluten-free dessert for you all. And inspired by the season I’m using bananas instead of berries.
Ingredients for two portions:
- 2 very ripe small bananas
- 30g walnuts diced
- 15g oat flour
- 15g de date sugar (or sub for coconut sugar)
- 30-35g creamy almond butter (or peanut)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven at 180Cº.
- Start by peeling the bananas and then slicing them in half. Make two horizontal cuts.
- Prepare two round baking bowls and place the sliced bananas on the bottom.
- Now in another medium bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- With a fork, add the almond butter and mix until a small “sand” is formed. It’s normal if you end up with crumbs larger than others.
- Top the banana bowls with crumbs and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with vegetable yogurt or for a less fit version, vanilla ice cream 🙂
P.S.- This is a fairly small portion. You can basically make this to have as a small treat after dinner. However it’s easy to duplicate or triplicate. You can even use a single larger recipient.