It’s been a while since my last post. The truth is my life changed a lot this past year and as a result I left my blog fall to the cracks. However, I’m determined to change this and nothing better than a holiday inspired recipe to bring you back. That’s what the Italian cuisine is for, right?
This recipe is easy, with seasonal ingredients and really comforting. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know if you try it!
Ingredients for two people:
- 200g carrots
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 rib of celery
- 2 garlic gloves
- 150g mushrooms sliced
- 500g cooked and rinsed brown lentils
- 200g boiled chestnuts
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- splash of vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- This recipe is really easy and quick but for that you should prepare all your ingredients in advance. Which means both the lentils and chestnuts should be already cooked – you can even do it the day before.
- Start by chopping the carrots, onion, celery and garlic. I advise you to this in a food processor for best results.
- Next, add a large pan to the heat with olive oil. Add the chopped veggies and cook them for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once the veggies are translucent, add sliced mushrooms, cooked lentils, chestnuts, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- By now the mixture can seem a bit dry, so add a splash of veggie stock and put the lid on.
- Let the veggies sweat for at least 10 minutes or until everything is well cooked.
- Remove from the heat and serve with parsley.