If you ever went through my Instagram page, you know this by now. If not, let me give it you straight: I’m obsessed with oatmeal.
Really, I eat oatmeal almost everyday. It was one of the first transitions I made once I started to explore the animals right movement almost four years ago.
Now when I think about it, it’s actually one of the first steps I suggest to people. Many people struggle with breakfast. You never have time and you want to be as quick as practical as possible.
But, as most people don’t realise is that it’s one of the most important meals of the day. I speak for myself, if I don’t have a good breakfast my morning just doesn’t go as well.
So what’s the solution? Oats! They are quick to make. Cheap. They keep you full the entire morning. They are deeeelicious. Can be made hot, cold, baked or even raw. Fancy or not fancy.They are gluten-fee (!) and most importantly: no animals are harmed in the process. 😉
Here’s my go-to recipe for two servings.
- 1 cup quick rolled oats (I like this better as they tend to be creamier and cook faster)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice (I usually use either soy or rice milk)
- 1 cup tap water
- 1 very ripe smashed banana
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tbsp of maca powder (optional)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- any fresh ripe fruit: mango and/or berries are my favourite
- peanut butter
- homemade apple sauce
- Bring a pot with milk, water and oatmeal to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling, add the smashed banana and make sure it’s spread evenly.
- If using, no it’s time to add cinnamon maca and sugar. Mix well.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes – until all liquid is absorbed by the oats.
So there you have it. Go stuff your face with it.