Today I bring you a breakfast recipe with one of my favourite powders: carob.
My father is from the South of Portugal, where there’s a strong production of carob. I remember eating all kinds of things using carob since my early teenage years. From bread to sweets, I just love its nutty flavour.
So today I bring you an unconventional porridge. Not only are we going to use millet flakes instead of oats, but we will also be using coconut sugar, oat milk and, of course, carob powder. Hmmm. And it will be done in 5 minutes!
Ingredients for one portion:
- 50g millet flakes
- 1 cup oat milk (~250ml)
- 10g coconut sugar (or other sweetener of your choice)
- 4-5g carob powder
- Coconut flakes
- Banana (optional)
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Chocolate and hazelnut spread (optional)
- More oat milk (optional)
- Maple syrup (opcional)
- Put millet flakes, coconut sugar and carob powder in a medium sauce pan and mix well.
- Add oat milk and bring to a simmer on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until absorbs all liquid.
- Remove from the heat and pour over a medium bowl. Top with coconut flakes, cranberries and all desired toppings.
- Top with a splash of oat milk.