You should already know by now about my love affair with cheesecake. I have a recipe in the book, which is one of my favorites. However, I’ve decided to create a different version for the blog. It’s raw, healthy and delicious.
Ingredients for the bottom layer:
- 55g walnuts
- 3 medjool dates
- 10g cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for the second layer:
- 100g soaked cashews (for at least 4h or overnight)
- 60ml melted coconut oil (I use a oderless brand)
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- juice from one orange (around 70-75ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 25g cocoa powder
- orange peel from one orange
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Soak cashews for 4 hours or overnight.
- Add all ingredients for the bottom layer in a food processor and blend until you have a sticky and consistent paste. You can add a bit of water (1-2 tbsp) to help the processor.
- Spread this paste at the bottom of a small baking form until you have a uniform layer.
- Put form in the freezer while you make the second layer.
- Next, add all remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until you’ve obtained a creamy consistency. If needed, add more orange juice.
- Remove form from the freezer and spread the second layer on top of the crust.
- Put the form in the freezer for at least two more hours, until it’s set.
- Before serving, add orange peel and cacao nibs on top. Et voilá!