It’s one of those months. Everywhere you go, you see people with puffy eyes and sore throats.
Ever since I changed my diet, about 5 years ago, I can count by one hand the amount of times I got sick.
It used to be a regular thing back when I was younger but not anymore.
However, last week, my man caught something at work. Nothing serious but enough to bring him a bit down.
That was the inspiration for this week’s post. Apart from golden milk and ginger tea, I also rely on this oatmeal to fight colds.
- 115-130g oats
- 1 tbsp turmeric with a pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1,5cm ginger (minced)
- 1 tbsp of sweetener (agave, maple, coconut…)
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 250ml almond milk
- 250ml water (or more milk)
- lot’s of fruit (for topping)
- 1 tbsp of ground flax (for topping)
- Add oatmeal, turmeric, cinnamon and raisins to a pan. Mix.
- Next add in milk, water, minced ginger and sweetener. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and let it sit for 8 to 9 minutes or until absorbs all the liquid.
- Remove from the heat and distribute between to bowls. Top with fruit and flax.