Hey hey hey,
If you, like me, are feeling all down and depressed with the lack of sunlight and the fact that this winter is like a no ending story, this post is for you.
“Golden milk” and turmeric latte’s have been all over Berlin lately, so this week I’ve decided to make my own version. I can guarantee that not only it will warm your soul, but it will actually be good for you. Turmeric has some strong anti-inflammatory properties that will help you fight that cold that keeps on coming back.
Turmeric spice blend:
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon (cylon type if possible)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cloves (crushed)
- a pinch (around 1/4 of teaspoon) of cardamon seeds
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric spice blend
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 200-250 ml cashew or almond milk
- In a small food processor or pestle mortar, blend all spices together until you have a very thin powder.
- Bring 200-250ml of cashew (or almond) milk to a quick boil and whisk 1 teaspoon of the turmeric powder and sugar of choice. Continue to whisk until everything is well incorporated.
- Sit on sofa with a blanket and enjoy 🙂