I’ve always wanted to have a blow torch. I remember watching my mum using them since I was little and every since I started experimenting with vegan desserts, I knew I had to have it.
So this Christmas me and my beloved husband decided to buy one. As a xmas present to each other. 🙂 By now you can already guess which was the first thing I did to use it. But trust me, it will not end here.
Wishing you love and a great start of the year! xx
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 1L of vanilla non-dairy milk (almond, soy, doesn’t matter. As long as it has a strong taste of vanilla)
- 70g organic corn startch
- 80-90g raw cane sugar + more for the top
- 3-4 cardamon pots (with seeds broken and pulverised if possible)
- 1 star anis (optional)
- Add milk to a pot and slowly add corn starch, using a whisk to completely dissolve.
- Bring the pot to the stove and add all remaining ingredients while it warms up.
- Keep it in medium heat for 10 minutes, or until it becomes thicker. Always mixing.
- Alternately, if you have a food robot, you can program if to be at 90Cº for 10 minutes, speed 2,5.
- Remove from heat, poor into a large serving dish (or several small ones) and let it cool completely. If using, remove the star anis too.
- Once it has cooled, place it in the fridge for at least one hour so it firms up.
- Before serving, add a few tablespoons of cane sugar to the top and using a blow torch, burn the top until it’s caramel-like.