I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. I sure did. But let me tell you, I was kind of tired of food by the end of it.
So if you feel like me, you’ll love this week’s recipe. It’s easy, it only uses a few ingredients and it’s quite light.
- 150-160g whole wheat penne (or fusilli if you prefer)
- 400g tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 60-70g shredded vegan cheese
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 3 ripe tomates sliced
- oregano, pepper and salt to taste
- vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast (opcional)
As I said this recipe is very easy to put together, you just need to have all ingredients on hand before starting.
- Pre-heat the oven at 240Cº.
- Slice the zucchini and tomatoes and put them aside.
- In separate bowls, add the vegan cheese, pasta, tomato sauce and seasonings. This will make your life easier.
- In a baking dish, start by spreading 3-4 tbsp of tomate sauce at the bottom.
- Next, add the pasta in rows (just like in the GIF) until it covers the dish. It’s important to have the pasta fully covered by the sauce, so it cooks evenly.
- Now add the sliced tomatos and season with salt, oregano and pepper.
- Spread half of the vegan cheese on top.
- Now repeat the entire process. One layer of tomate sauce, another with pasta, another with tomates and finally the cheese.
- Once you’ve finished the second layer, add the zucchini on top until it covers the entire mixture.
- Spread just a bit more of tomate sauce on the zucchini and top it with some vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast. I also added more oregano and a pinch of breadcrumbs.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutos or until the zucchini is cooked.Nhaaaam!